Sunday, January 10, 2021

This is January

We are a third of the way through the first month of 2021 and I’m not ready to rejoin the “real” world just yet. Days unwind slowly. I do necessary things, but don’t push myself to do more. For now, that’s okay. 

We are on restrictions until at least early February, so there’s not much to do. Nowhere, really, to go. My time is taken up with responsibilities for Story Circle Network, books, the latest jigsaw puzzle, and an occasional drive when it’s sunny outside. Those, and recalibrating and re-evaluating. 

Days are mild. Distinctly un-January like. A treat in a time of continuing worldwide chaos.

It’s a month of birthdays. First, our granddaughter’s when the month and year is still shiny and new. This week, Murphy’s. And soon Maya’s, our daughter-in-love’s, and mine. 


Photo from last summer




So, for now, the year unwinds slowly as we work at regaining our bearings. Gently. Thoughtfully.



2 comments:

  1. I love the bench with the view! So many wonderful birthdays ahead!! Its hard to imagine we are 1/3 through January! Take care of yourself. I'm taking a long blog break :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scene in your first photo is beautiful! Restrictions here as well! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment and letting me know you dropped by!